Friday, September 13, 2013

Back on Track!

Well, I have to say I'm ashamed of myself for not being more diligent.  I didn't visit the Land of Cotton much this summer.  Life happens and Playing with Cotton had to wait.

School is in full swing finally now.  Itty Bitty and I are settling into a routine of sorts.  I'm forcing myself to re-organize my home and make my life a little smoother.  It tends to keep me a little more sane when I have control of my home.  Not as in controlling, but more as in guiding.  It has been a while since that scenario has played out.  It will take some practice but I feel I'm on the right  track!

As that has been happening I've been able to accomplish some things in the Land of Cotton.  The cast for Rag #3 has come together nicely.  Most of the cutting is done.  I have to cut the batting, but that won't take long once I get started.  After all is cut, I put the players in their spots and number the rows they are responsible for.  That way no one gets out of line, if you know what I mean.  There's nothing worse than a cast member showing up for the wrong scene!

I hope the recipient for which this script was written will be as excited to get it as I am to give it!


I know ~ it looks crappy a mess right now, but this is the cast getting to know each other.  They have to trust one another to work well together!  Then we'll be on a roll!  Yea, baby!

I've also finished my Sunflower blocks for a fall lap quilt. 


I'm thinkin' I'll use a darker orange for the sashing and for the back of the quilt.  I'm quite excited about this one!  Unlike the Americana quilt it has come together rather nicely.  Speaking of the Americana ~ she is still in her little box, waiting to be pressed, sewn back together, the sides added and a fabric picked for the backing. She is a feisty one, that red, white and blue Missy! Feisty, indeed.

That's all for today, folks.
Until next time,
Lovely Daydreams From the Land of Cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment