Thursday, February 6, 2014

We're Coming Along . . . . .

. . . . . . quite nicely.  I've finished crocheting the white borders on Ms. Vintage Granny's squares.  I bet she was thinking her parts and pieces would be forever stored in some dark crevice.

I think Ms. Gran is holding up quite nicely for a gal her age. She is, however, a little wonky ~ bless her soul ~ given I've had to use different yarns for the borders, with different size hooks just to make her squares even close to the same size.



Now the real fun begins.  I get to lay out the colors  ~ so I don't a family of reds or blues or greens all huddled together.  Next, crochet them together.   Then once they are all attached at the hip, I will crochet a border around the whole afghan, corralling those cuties together so none can escape!   Give her a good washing and then, and only then, Ms. Vintage Granny will be done!

Sew until next time,
Lovely Daydreams from the Land of Cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment