Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Finally!

Finally ~ the whole quilting thing that started Sarah Sponda on her journey in The Land of Cotton!
The.  Rag.  Quilt.

As I said before, she cut out all her squares, minus the back and batting, when she was here last year.
Her main objective was to finish this quilt.  We all know how that works in the World of Quilting.
One project leads to hundreds more.  That's when you know you're hooked!  No different for her.

So let's get this thing done (in the midst of 3-4 other projects she managed to start while she was here).

Assemble the rows
 (after cutting back and backing).  Goldilocks was eager to help with this:

 
 

 
I think Sarah had to "re-do" a couple rows.  ;)
 

Sewin' 'er up!

Ask Sarah and she will tell you how much she loves "Angie Baby". 
That's the name she gave the sewing machine
 
All sewn, ready to clip!
This is going to be one large lap quilt!
 
 
 
Now, the ever so painful and tedious job of clipping the seams:
 
 
Can we say our hands were blistered and cramped?
(Yep, she drug me into allowed me to help in the clipping process)
 
Bind this Baby up!
 Sarah chose to do the self binding method.
How sweet . . . . I had she allowed me to do the binding. 
She wanted no parts of hand stitching.
 
She did make sure all edges were secure before
the binding was done.
 
Here we go!  Don't look at the hair or T-shirt.  I had previously
made a date with L'Oreal.  But quilting took precedence.
 
 
All done!
 

She did a splendid job!  I love the color combo.
This thing weighed a ton!
The front is flannel. It has a cotton batting and small whale corduroy on the back.
She will certainly stay toasty under it this winter.
She hated rag quilting said she would never do another one.
It was more work took longer than she anticipated.
 
 
With her leftover fabric she made an adorable pillow case.
The best thing about this was the fact that I didn't have to baby-sit her
I just told her what to do and she ran with it!
 
I love this too!  I want one. (hint, hint)
 
All in all she had a very exciting quilting journey while she was here.
She is very teachable ~ a little head strong at times ~ but teachable non-the-less.
 
 
Sew 'til we meet again,
Lovely Daydreams from the Land of Cotton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment