Friday, August 29, 2014

Movin' Right Along

The seam ripper and I have been good friends as of late.  As I mentioned before, Jenny Wren's Strawberry quilt had to have her backing removed and replaced.  A polyester problem.  Not for me.  For her.   Being the spectacular loving  mom that I am, I promptly ripped out the old quilting and replaced the back with cotton.  'Cause I'm a good mom like that.  Once that was done, things started moving right along.

Here's where we stood at the beginning of this week:

 
 
 
Quilting in progress.



Here's where we stand now:
 
Quilted and ready for binding.


She's all quilted, trimmed up and ready to be labeled and bound.  I think I will take Kelly's suggestion and use a pretty green binding on her.   I chose to totally hand quilt this one.  I am smitten with the trend of large stitch quilting using Perle cotton in colors to match and co-ordinate with the quilt.  I have to "fine tune" my stitching, but all in all I think it turned out ok.  And. . . . I pray she likes it.

I have Kellifer's Strawberry top pieced together. Hers is next on the quilting board.  Can't wait.

 (Pay no mind to the pizza in the corner.  Itty Bitty "made me lunch"!)

I have also been scouting for the balance of Rag 4's cast.  I've had some auditions, but no keepers. 

Much to do.

Sew until next time,
Lovely Daydreams from the Land of Cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment