Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Rag Time Gal

It's been For.  Ev.  Er.  since I've been here, on the this page that belongs to the Land of Cotton.

As the saying goes:  "I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger in a wind storm."  But things are quieting down.  Not rapidly, but quieting non-the-less.  School will be starting in a couple weeks or so.  Ahhh.   Tee-hee.

I finished the tops to the Strawberry lap quilts.  All I have to do is quilt them.  And speaking of quilting them, the one I had for my oldest had a poly blend backing.  What was I thinking?  Apparently I had a "moment".  The more I pondered it the more I realized what a mistake that was.  I chatted with my young kindred and she agreed that her momma, the recipient of the quilt, would not be a happy camper.  Nope.  Not no way.  Not no how.  You see, my oldest has a tremendous dislike for ANYTHING polyester!  It makes her itch.  So she says.  Well, anywho, I un-quilted what I had started and purchased new COTTON backing just for her.  And I'm back at square one.  Nothing quilted.  Oh, woe is me.  Sniff.  Sniff.

I needed to step back from the Strawberry Fields so I figured now was as good a time as any to round up my next cast of characters for the Rag Times I have left to make.  I have Itty Bitty's cast lined up and ready to go.  Cutting, assigning of roles and final curtain are just but a cut away.   Just like the dramas before her, Itty Bitty's Rag had a jumping off point.  Her Mama purchased a darling orange, green and purple seersucker fabric for the background.  All I had to do was fit the costumes to the cast.  But, unlike her predecessors, I let Itty Bitty have a say in costume design.  Just a little bit. 

Reminds me of Popsicles!  I love the bright colors!

Next purchases will be towards two or three more rags.  Did I mention I had a plethora of rags to make?  I did?  Oh, well, I guess whinin' about it ain't gettin' it done, now is it?

Sew ~ until we meet again,
Lovely Daydreams From the Land of Cotton



No comments:

Post a Comment